Connected Kids™ - mindfulness and meditation for children
Teach Children Meditation and mindfulness - Scotland, Ireland, England, Denmark, worldwide
Thank you so so so much for today, I really mean it when I say that the course was fantastic. I felt I got so much from it and have taken everything on board and cant wait to share my learning with the children and my colleagues! I will definitely recommend it!
A very BIG THANKYOU! It was an incredibly interesting and inspiring day.
Thanks for inspirational day yesterday! I did a meditation yesterday evening with my grandchildren. Wow they loved it.
Teach kids or teens mindfulness Course
This inspiring and interactive 1-day workshop will help you teach your children how to relax, feel calm and centred with mindfulness and meditation.
Founded by Lorraine Murray, an expert with 14 years experience and author of 2 books, she'll empower you with skills and knowlege to teach children and teens of all ages how to meditate.
It will teach your children how to develop their creativity, emotional intelligence and self esteem.
Connected Kids - beginners
Level 1 is suitable for you if...
- you are a complete beginner or someone with more experience
- you wish to attend the Connected Kids professional level (pre-requisite regardless of experience)
- you are interested in practising with family and friends for personal use
- you need to receive a certificate of attendance for CPD purposes (5 CPD points)
- if you are simply interested in helping kids learn an essential life skill to reduce stress and anxiety.
- you want to attend a class in person at a class, or online
The course is suitable for any level of experience or ability whether you are a parent, professional, educator or a carer. It is a helpful introduction to taking mindfulness and meditation into schools and professional settings.
Lorraine has also worked extensively with children and families with additional support needs, including autism, ADHD and dyspraxia.
(This course is based on the international, best-selling book 'Calm Kids')
Although there is no pre-requisite for entry to level 1, it is advisable (not essential) to have a regular meditation practice - or to have some experience of meditation.
For information on learning/refreshing your meditation practice please check out our online materials.
Connected Kids™ Programme - level 1 itinerary
This course will help you:-
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Learn how meditation can help children reduce stress and anxiety
- Understand the benefits to children of learning meditation
- Understand what meditation is why mindfulness matters
- Knowing the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with children of various abilities
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for children (from toddlers + to teens)
- Understand the basic differences in teaching children meditation of different ages
- Discovering Self Awareness and its role in teaching meditation
- Develop bespoke meditation scripts for use with children of all ages
- Learn how to effectively deliver meditations to children
- Develop mindful activities ideas for children with ADHD or autism.
- If already teaching, bring mindfulness into schools
One of the most beneficial and worthwhile courses I've been on in a while. I will definitely recommend this course to others. This course has given me the confidence I needed. Thank you
Costs, Venue, Timing
The course cost includes:
- 1 full day of training (9.30am to 5pm)
- access for life to online training resources to support home practise
- A copy of the book
'Calm Kids - Help Children Relax with mindful activities'
- A certificate of attendance
- follow up support by email/telephone
Teaching Children Meditation Course Dates - UK
London (total cost - £175)
- Friday 23rd June 2017 - 3 places left
- Friday 29th September 2017 - limited places
Edinburgh (total cost - £175) - early booking discount >>> - (save £25 )
- Sunday 3rd Sept 2017- 3 places left
- Sunday 12th Nov 2017- limited places
Northern Ireland (£175 )
- Saturday 16th September 2017
- Saturday 11th November 2017
Teaching Children Meditation Course Dates - Ireland
Dublin (total cost - £150
- Friday 16th June 2017
- Friday 20th October 2017
If you book level 1 and 2 in Dublin on consecutive dates you can - save £75 >>> )
"I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for today. It was more than I could have imagined...."
How to Book Your Place
Spaces are strictly limited on each course to provide an effective tutor-to-student ratio. Pre-booking and payment is required to confirm your place.
Full directions and preparation information will be emailed 4 weeks before the course.
Edinburgh- Mulberry House in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport.
London - Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) - easily accessible by public transport.
Dublin - level 1 in Raheny, Dublin, Ireland (D5) River Holistic Centre, D5 - easily accessible by public transport.
Dorset, UK - Dorset Yoga and Therapy Centre, DT11TU. Dorchester West or Dorchester South (Direct from London Waterloo. Parking available.
Poole, UK Poole, UK - Poole yoga centre, BH15 2DE, train station in Poole and it is about a 10 minute walk to the venue. The road is located opposite Poole Hospital. Parking is available on site for the weekend events.
Workshops/classes coming up...
Indian Head Massage Beginners - 20-05-2017 - 4 places left
Indian Head Massage Stage 2 - 10-06-2017 - 4 places left
Usui Reiki level 2 - 11-06-2017 - 4 places left
CK - beginners - Dublin - 16-06-2017 - 8 places left
CK - Professionals - Dublin - 17-06-2017 - 8 places left
CK - beginners - London - 23-06-2017 - 3 places left
Click here to find out more.
E-MAIL MAILING LIST
Hear first about Special Offers, New Class Dates, Free Events, Stress tips and more.
Big Connected Kids
Training Course ratings:
based on 47 Testimonials from our past students