Connected Kids™ - mindfulness and meditation for young people with/without special needs
Teach Children Meditation - Scotland, England, Ireland,
Professional Training - Teaching Mindfulness
This professional 2-day advanced training course is taught by expert and author, Lorraine E Murray.
It gives you the skills and confidence to develop and deliver bespoke meditations and mindful activities to children of all ages (toddlers to teens) and of all abilities (with or without special needs).
The teach meditation to kids course teaches you how to establish a teaching practice of meditation sessions for children in your community - schools, local youth groups, privately and is ideal for those already (or looking to work) with children in this capacity eg, school teachers, learning assistants, therapists, yoga teachers.
Thank you for a lovely and inspiring weekend
I found working from the heart quite a revelation. I don't even prepare for my meditation classes now, quite a departure for me! At the moment I am working with one visualisation a week, and as the week progresses it gets better. I still get that butterfly feeling when I sit and think OMG what I am going to describe but something always comes.
Professional Training in Teaching Mindfulness to Teens and Kids
Level 2 is suitable for you if...
- you have already taken/attended level 1 and wish to teach meditation professionally
- you are interested in working with children who have special needs, ADHD or autism<
- you wish to teach meditation with groups/families/individuals in a professional setting
- you need a professional certificate for teaching meditation and mindfulness for CPD and insurance purposes (15 CPD points)
- you want to be part of a worldwide 'teaching kids meditation' community
- would benefit from promoting your teaching meditation practice on our website as a professional tutor
What you will learn on the Connected Kids™ Programme - level 2 - itinerary
Through this course you will learn:-
- more about the broad range of meditation techniques currently available
- how to intuitively and logically apply these methods in different settings/age groups
- how to set up a professional meditation environment suitable for children - on a 121 or group basis
- new skills and knowledge in teaching meditation to children with complex trauma, ADHD or who are on the Autistic spectrum
- how to support the families of children with complex trauma, ADHD or who are on the Autistic spectrum
- how to develop mindful activities and ideas for children in different age groups (under 6's, 7 to 12, 13+)
- how to produce meditations to suit different attention spans; (1 minute, 5 minute and 15 minute sessions)
- different methods of using the breath in meditation with children/young people
- how to further develop self awareness to strengthen your meditation teaching skills
- how to use meditation tools (mandalas, mudras, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- about the energy centres and their importance for practising and teaching meditation
- different grounding/centering techniques in meditation and how to apply them to children
- about contraindications to teaching meditation to children safely
- how to manage strong energy reactions to meditation
- how to market and promote your teaching meditation practice
- how to conduct your practice professionally, safely and ethically
Teaching Mindfulness Course Dates, UK
London (deposit £225 - full cost £595 - early booking discount >>> - save £75 )
- Saturday 24th and 25th June 2017 - 3 places left
- Saturday 29th Sept and 1st October 2017 - limited places
Edinburgh (deposit £225- full cost £525)
- Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th Sept 2017 - limited places
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th Nov 2017 - limited places
Northern Ireland (£595 ) - early booking discount >>>
- Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th April 2017 - limited places
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th November 2017 - limited places
Teaching Mindfulness Course Dates, Ireland
Dublin (deposit £225 - full cost £ 595 )
- Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th March 2017 - 3 places left
- Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th June 2017 - limited places
- Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October 2017 - limited places
Dublin Early Booking Discount - Save £50. More info >>>
Only a deposit is required to confirm your place. The remainder payment is due 4 weeks before the course date. The deposit is required to confirm your place. The remainder payment is due 4 weeks before the course date. With 4 weeks notice your deposit is transferable (once) to another date.
Join the mailing list for more dates and venues for 2017 -Mailing List >>
Costs, Venue, Timing
- 2 full days of training (9.30am to 5pm)
- training manual and copy of Connected Kids book
- access for life to online training resources to support personal and professional practise
- invited to list on our website as a Connected Kids tutor
- a professional certificate for insurance
- follow up support by email/telephone
- access to level 3 training registration
Teaching Mindfulness Venues
Edinburgh Level 2 courses take place at Mulberry House venue in Edinburgh. On-street parking and easily accessible by public transport (5 mins from Haymarket train station).
London - we work with the Violet Hill Studios in London (NW8 9EB) using their excellent training facilities which are easily accessible by public transport.
Dublin (Raheny - D5)- - River Holistic Centre, D5 - easily accessible by public transport.
Northern Ireland -Helen's Bay County Down, 20 mins from Belfast. Free parking
Connected Kids Course - Timing
We restrict the size of classes so pre-booking is required. The course runs from 9.30am to 5pm .
Entry Requirement - completion of level 1 of the Connected Kids™ programme (either in person or online version) level 1 of the Connected Kids™ programme
Disclosure/PVG Checks - in order to complete your training, we require a copy of a basic disclosure check to confirm that you have a clear history with no criminal charges.
Assessment - to complete your level 2 training to a professional standard, assessments must be completed. These include case studies (5 x group and 5 x 121 sessions), CD/DVD recording of delivering a meditation to children, essay and home written test.
Workshops/classes coming up...
Indian Head Massage Beginners - 20-05-2017 - 4 places left
Indian Head Massage Stage 2 - 10-06-2017 - 4 places left
Usui Reiki level 2 - 11-06-2017 - 4 places left
CK - beginners - Dublin - 16-06-2017 - 8 places left
CK - Professionals - Dublin - 17-06-2017 - 8 places left
CK - beginners - London - 23-06-2017 - 3 places left
Click here to find out more.
E-MAIL MAILING LIST
Hear first about Special Offers, New Class Dates, Free Events, Stress tips and more.
Big Connected Kids
Training Course ratings:
based on 47 Testimonials from our past students